Ace Furniture Environmental Policy
Ace Furniture is a furniture manufacturing company with it’s office and factory based in the United Kingdom. Our mission as an organisation is to provide our customers with the best quality furniture for the most affordable price. Reliability, consistency and quality are our key values. We see ourselves as a responsible and ethical organisation and as such, place significant emphasis on managing and improving our environmental performance. Ace Furniture recognizes that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed at finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and factory as well as when work takes us offsite.
It is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout the building and ensuring that computers are shut down at the close of business.
- Reuse of wastepaper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
- Use low impact transport for travel to and from work and travel for business. For example, we use public transport to attend meetings and offer a Cycle Scheme to encourage staff to cycle to work or to carpool.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone, and email.
- All wood and wood-based materials used in the manufacture of our furniture come from renewable sources. We only use wood from European origin sourced from verifiable accredited suppliers.
- Waste wood is collected and used to for wood burners to supply heating in peoples homes.
- Cardboard packaging is re-used until depleted and then recycled.
- Waste foam is collected and recycled into recon foam.
- Delivery schedules are carefully and routinely planned in order to optimise the transport carbon footprint while serving our customers as effectively as possible.
- Our designs are manufactured for high quality and low maintenance which means an exceptionally long product lifecycle which is not only good value for the customer but also minimises impact on the environment.
As a company we are committed to the policies listed above, this policy is reviewed annually by our management team and shared with our staff members, training given where needed.